This quickly made but compelling Canadian horror-mystery presents Karen Black as a hooker who is murdered after participating in a Black Mass, her body found clutching a pyx--the container used to hold the host. Henderson (Christopher Plummer), the tough detective sent to investigate, soon
unravels a conspiracy of Satanists, many in high places. Although the plot is sometimes convoluted, and somewhat confusing (lots of flashbacks), the film does have a palpable sense of unease and foreboding. The acting, especially by Plummer and supporting cast members Yvette Brind'Amour and
Jean-Louis Roux, is terrific and the dialog is sharp and witty. Black wrote and sang three songs for this film, which she would do again in Robert Altman's NASHVILLE.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Kenan Thompson Says Kel Mitchell Will Appear in All That Revival
- 2. Veep Season 7 Trailer: Selina Meyer Is Back on the Campaign Trail!
- 3. Netflix Cancels Marvel's Jessica Jones – But Will Stream Season 3
- 4. Netflix Cancels Marvel's The Punisher Just Like You Knew It Would
- 5. Twitter Was Here for Sasha Banks and Bayley's Historic WWE Tag Team Championship Win
- 6. Everything to Know About the 2019 Oscars
- 7. The Walking Dead Showed Us Alpha's Brutal Origins in a Flashback-Heavy Episode