This Gen-X rip-off of THE GRADUATE relies on the dubious charms of David Schwimmer, who whined his way to television stardom as the homely guy on Friends. Schwimmer plays a drifting college grad who is summoned to attend the funeral of a high school classmate he can't
even remember. He soon finds himself torn between the attentions of a lubricious Mrs. Robinson figure (Barbara Hershey) and a rekindled obsession with the girl (Gwyneth Paltrow) he's always worshipped from afar. The screenplay flirts briefly with arch black humor before settling into a well-worn
sitcom groove; like its star, THE PALLBEARER is ultimately too bland to be genuinely irritating.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 2. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 3. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown
- 4. Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule
- 5. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 6. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 7. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves