The Lives of Others
Unable to load clip
The selected clip is currently unabled to be loaded.
This critically-acclaimed, Oscar®-winning film (Best Foreign Language Film, 2006) is the erotic, emotionally-charged experience Lisa Schwarzbaum (Entertainment Weekly) calls "a nail-biter of a thriller!" Before the collapse of the Berlin Wall, East Germany's population was closely monitored by the State Secret Police (Stasi). Only a few citizens above suspicion, like renowned pro-Socialist playwright Georg Dreyman, were permitted to lead private lives. But when a corrupt government official falls for Georg's stunning actress-girlfriend, Christa, an ambitious Stasi policeman is ordered to bug the writer's apartment to gain incriminating evidence against the rival. Now, what the officer discovers is about to dramatically change their lives - as well as his - in this seductive political thriller Peter Travers (Rolling Stone) proclaims is "the best kind of movie: one you can't get out of your head."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Emmys 2019: Who Won? The Complete Winners List
- 2. Emmys 2019: How to Watch Live and Online
- 3. Emergence Review: There's No Hurry to Solve the Mystery, and That's a Problem
- 4. mixed-ish Review: The black-ish Spin-off Gets Being Mixed Race Right
- 5. There's a Light at the End of the Tunnel for Jo on Grey's Anatomy
- 6. Survivor: Rob Cesternino Reveals His Favorite Island of the Idols Players – and How He Became a Survivor Legend
- 7. Alfred Tries to Dump Sandra In this Pennyworth Sneak Peek