Darnell wins an award as America's "Teacher of the Year," but lands in an embarrassing situation when she loses $7,000 at a Reno casino. Nightclub owner McNally makes a deal with her to cover the debt and to keep her gambling spree from the press provided she will be the private tutor of
his daughter, Perreau. Darnell plans to get vengeance on McNally by getting him to fall in love with her, then dumping him. However, Perreau sees Darnell and McNally as the perfect couple and lays plans to keep the two together. The unbelievable and obvious plot is further hampered by the
miscasting of Darnell. Though he directed the film smoothly, Sirk has been quoted as saying he "[had] no feeling for this picture at all," which is obvious in the final product.
- 1. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 2. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 3. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 4. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 5. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 6. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 7. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple