Friend stars as a nobleman who seeks to redistribute the wealth in 18th-century England by posing as a Quaker and going for midnight rides with his gang of cohorts (Hendrix, O'Herlihy, and Kellaway), robbing from the rich to assist the poor. The Robin Hood-type gang gets a change of pace
when they discover that villains Coburn and Jory are kidnaping free men and selling them as slaves to the Colonies for a handsome sum, and they seek to put an end to this perversion of free enterprise. In keeping with the poem on which the film was based, a sad finale ensues as Hendrix shoots
herself so that the sound of gunfire will warn Friend of an impending ambush. Unfortunately, the warning goes for naught and Friend, too, is killed.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Julia Roberts Isn't Returning for Homecoming Season 2
- 2. How black-ish's Powerful Colorism Episode Nearly Tore the Johnsons Apart
- 3. Lana Condor Steals the Show in Deadly Class
- 4. Supernatural Midseason Trailer: Michael Declares 'Even God Can Die'
- 5. The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Played 'Guess That Alien', and They Were Honestly Stellar
- 6. Sex Education Is the Most Honest Coming-of-Age TV Show We've Seen in Forever
- 7. The 25 Best Ships Ever on Freeform