Jane Hardy (Trish Van Devere) inherits a mansion from her late aunt and decides to leave San Francisco and move into it. She doesn't understand why the townsfolk are treating her so coldly until she notices that she looks just like the aunt, who was believed to be possessed by Satan.
Jane is continually hounded by an old hearse, which keeps showing up in front of her house, and by a crotchety real estate lawyer played by Joseph Cotten. This film drags out every cliche in the book, including the "woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown, maybe it's all in her head" device. THE
HEARSE is a pretty dull affair, but if you thought THE CAR was scary, you should love this.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What to Stream the Weekend of July 19
- 2. A.P. Bio Saved From Cancellation by NBC's New Streaming Service
- 3. The Walking Dead Season 10: Everything We Know So Far
- 4. Spotted: Gossip Girl Reboot Heads to HBO Max
- 5. Elliot Gets Grilled Mercilessly in This Mr. Robot Final Season Sneak Peek
- 6. The Hunt for Notorious Serial Killer BTK Is On in Mindhunter Season 2 Photos
- 7. The Originals Star Joseph Morgan Is Headed to Animal Kingdom