The Harder They Come - Trailer
Reggae legend Jimmy Cliff stars as Ivan Martin, an aspiring young singer who leaves his rural village for the capital city of Kingston, Jamaica hoping to make a name for himself. Robbed of his money and possessions his first day in town, he finds work with a self-righteous, bullying preacher and an unscrupulous music mogul who exploits naïve hopefuls. In desperation the simple country boy turns outlaw, at war with both the police and his rivals in the ganja trade. Ivan’s dream of stardom soon becomes a reality as he rises to the top of the pop charts and the most-wanted lists. This gritty, groundbreaking film brought reggae music to the international stage, made Jimmy Cliff a star worldwide, and demonstrated that music and art can change the world.
Cast & Details See all »
- Released: 1973
- Rating: R
- Review: This outstanding Jamaican feature became a major cult favorite in the US and did much to popularize reggae with its fabulous musical score. Reggae star Jimmy Cliff plays Ivan, a young aspiring singer from the country who arrives in Kingston with high hope… (more)
- 1. Sophia Bush Finally Explains Why She Left Chicago P.D.
- 2. Snowflakes Cause a Little Tension in Last Man Standing's Christmas Episode
- 3. The Innocent Man is Netflix's Latest Reminder of Our Failed Justice System
- 4. Criminal Minds Sneak Peek: This Week's Unsub Has a Big Connection to an Old Case
- 5. A Series Based on the Life of Selena Is Finally Coming to Netflix
- 6. Dick Wolf Is One Step Closer to Bringing Back the Hip-Hop Classic New York Undercover
- 7. Exclusive Vikings Sneak Peek: Will Ivar Kill Hvitserk Next?