Crackpot scientist Vernon attempts to correct his daughter's mutilated face by grafting onto her the skin of murdered women while giving her transfusions of blood drained from his victims. His aide, Valle, a lascivious hunchback, is shown slavishly probing the bodies of the dead females,
and horrid scenes explicitly depict the skinning of the bodies by Vernon. Valle is really the physician's brother, we later learn, a dead man, murdered by Vernon after the doctor found him in bed with his wife, but transformed into a cretinous robot to do Vernon's bidding. Lorys, a fearless
ballerina, finally destroys the pair. This film spawned a number of similar disgusting films which drew the sado-masochist fans by the droves. A half-hearted attempt is made here and in subsequent sub-culture films like this at a surrealistic approach, with zany zooming and erratic cutaways to
further heighten the psychopathic nature of the characters. Sensationalism at its most distasteful.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Did True Detective Just Reveal The Season 3 Killer?
- 2. Baywatch on Amazon Prime Will Heat Up Your Winter
- 3. Here's What to Stream Before Gillian Anderson Arrives on The Crown
- 4. Pete Davidson Returns to SNL to Talk a Bit About Mental Health but Mostly The Mule
- 5. Saturday Night Live Spoofs the Shutdown with Deal or No Deal Parody
- 6. At Long Last, the American Gods Season 2 Trailer Is Here
- 7. Happy Super Blood Wolf Moon! Here's a Ranking of the Best TV Werewolves