The Dereks' version of the 1932 classic adventure tale starts off fine enough--over the MGM Leo the Lion logo one hears Tarzan's yell instead of the lion's roar. That is the highlight of the film, however. TARZAN, THE APE MAN is just painfully dull. It tells how Jane (Bo Derek) and her
father (Harris) journey to the legendary Elephant Graveyard. Along the way Harris plays St. Francis and calls wild creatures, shouts embarrassingly dumb philosophies to all within earshot, and exhibits an unhealthy attraction for his daughter. Before the final credits, which viewers begin to fear
will never come, Bo is stripped and painted white by a crazy tribal leader, hangs out naked with monkeys, and pretends to be a calendar girl on the beach. Somewhere amidst this sexual island fantasy is an actor named O'Keeffe, who plays Tarzan.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Stephen Amell Is Open to Playing Oliver Queen in Later Arrowverse Installments
- 2. How to Watch Game of Thrones: The Last Watch
- 3. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 4. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 6. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 7. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable