An intermittently diverting travesty of the Errol Flynn movies of the 1930s and 1940s. There's little substance here, seemingly because the creators couldn't decide between a parody and a straight adventure film. Jones and Shaw (who was already 49 years of age and a few years past it for
this kind of bravura) are two pirates who come to Jamaica in an attempt to rid the island of the tyrannical pervert, Boyle, who runs the place. Bujold provides the love interest as the daughter of Behrens. Bridges is a Scarlet Pimpernel type of fop, and Schreiber provides the only real comedy as
one of the supporting numbskulls. Some tasteless gay jokes, heaving bosoms, and lots of blood in this near-total waste. Note Anjelica Huston, winner of the Oscar for her work in PRIZZI'S HONOR.
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Should Veronica Mars Continue After Season 4?
- 2. The Brady Bunch Cast Is Reuniting for Specials on Discovery and Food Network
- 3. Jason Dohring Reacts to That Veronica Mars Bombshell: 'For Three Days I Had an Empty Feeling'
- 4. Veronica Mars Creator Explains That Gut-Wrenching Death: 'Even My Family May Turn on Me'
- 5. The Bachelorette's JoJo and Jordan Talk Wedding Plans and Their New Show Cash Pad
- 6. Big Little Lies Season 2 Finale Recap: The Truth Comes Out
- 7. The Loudest Voice Episode 4 Recap: Roger Ailes Kidnaps His Mistress