A large amount of international talent was gathered together to produce this fairly lame effort, comprising four supposedly lighthearted sketches centering on weekend sexual adventures of people in four different countries. None of these could be expected to express the sexual mores of its
country of origin, and although each neatly makes a point in a limited amount of time, little wit or insight has been supplied to lift these sketches above a quick-tease portrayal. Perhaps the best of these vignettes has Lino Ventura wishing to secure a business contract through the use of his
personable secretary's charm, only to discover that he values this woman's personality and abilities much more than he does the big deal. The English episode has Roger Moore playing a stud chauffeur who impersonates his employer with a different stewardess girl friend whenever his boss leaves
London. One of his intended affairs becomes abruptly interrupted when society lady Lynn Redgrave steps onto the scene and wants the chauffeur for her own uses. Ugo Tognazzi plays the happily married man who is given a chance to pursue old affairs of the heart when his wife takes off for a weekend.
The US segment--written, directed, and starred in by Gene Wilder--is the least amusing of the four. Wilder plays a psychiatric patient who can't find fulfilling sexual relationships until he meets another patient in the hospital where he is staying. A weekend of lovemaking is followed by the
woman's declaration that she is in love with another.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Sex and the City's Sarah Jessica Parker Teases Carrie Bradshaw Return
- 2. Jeremiah Will Return and Evolve Again on Gotham
- 3. Red in Prison Is the Blacklist Storyline We Didn't Know We Needed
- 4. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 5. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 6. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 7. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary