A cockney melodrama starring Booth as a merchant marine who returns home after a two-year hitch to find his home replaced and his wife missing. Booth's mother knows the whereabouts of his wife (she's living with a bus driver), but won't let on because she fears his violent temper.
Frustrated by this code of silence, Booth takes his brother Kinnear hostage in a pub and refuses to let him go until his wife arrives. Eventually his wife, Windsor, agrees to meet him in a park and arrives wheeling a baby carriage. After learning that she is now living with Sewell, Booth is
skeptical about the parentage of the child, but they decide to forgive each other. Booth prepares for his wife and child to move into his mother's house. That night, during a family celebration, Sewell arrives to reassert his claim on Windsor. After a knock-down, drag-out, Sewell departs, leaving
Booth and Windsor to continue their interrupted marriage. Some American release prints are subtitled due to the hard-to-understand cockney dialect.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Legacies Finally Revealed the Truth About Malivore
- 2. Grey's Anatomy Recap: Amelia and Link Are Just Getting Started
- 3. What to Stream the Weekend of March 22
- 4. The World Needs One Day at a Time, Now More Than Ever
- 5. Looking for Alaska Casts a Riverdale Serpent and Girl Meets World's Hot Uncle
- 6. The Deadwood Movie Finally Gets a Teaser and Premiere Date
- 7. Bane Is Coming for Babs in This Gotham Sneak Peek