A charming programmer which stars Paige as a sweet old white-haired woman who lives in an apartment building that has been purchased by a neighboring university in order to construct dorms for the boys. When the school officials realize they can't break Paige's lease, they go ahead and
begin renovating. Paige is enthusiastic about the project, especially since her husband is long dead and her son is a college flunkie who disappeared years ago. The students fall in love with her, arranging every conceivable convenience. She takes a liking to Craven, a student who shares the same
name as her son, helping him with his studies and even playing a part in his romance with Morris. Paige is secretly convinced that Craven is her grandson, fathered by her missing son. Before she is able to learn if her hunch is correct, she dies a peaceful, content death during the night. It turns
out that her son died in prison some 20 years earlier, news that killed her husband. Paige saves the picture from the ranks of obscurity (where most of Republic's programmers wound up) by her heartwarming, tear-jerking performance, which, due to the film's status, was unjustly overlooked by the
Academy. Remade in 1957 with Ethel Barrymore as JOHNNY TROUBLE.
- 1. Riverdale: What the Actual Hell Is Hiram Up To?
- 2. Power Boss Honors 'Beloved' Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 3. At Long Last, Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Headed Back to Supernatural!
- 4. Miley Cyrus Confirms She's Going to Be in Black Mirror Season 5
- 5. What to Stream the Weekend of Dec. 14
- 6. The Cast and Creators of Good Trouble Tease Callie and Mariana's Sexy Fresh Start
- 7. A Million Little Things Bumps a Shondaland Show in New ABC Lineup