Show Dogs is a live-action movie featuring crime fighting, talking dogs. It’s family-friendly, so parents with bored little kids might trek into the theater to (hopefully) keep the tykes entertained for 90 minutes. But honestly, the only thing going for this is movie the dogs’ believably-animated snouts when they talk. It doesn’t make up for the silly plot though.
The story follows Max (Ludacris), a Rottweiler who works for the NYPD. After accidentally interfering with an FBI investigation, he gets reluctantly partnered up with an FBI agent named Frank (Will Arnett). Together, the pair go undercover at a glamorous dog fashion show to investigate animal smuggling and save a (very cute) baby panda.
Early in the movie, Frank exclaims with incredulity, “What are dogs doing in this meeting?” Unfortunately, a better question might be what Arnett and the other actors were doing in this movie. Most notably, the cast was assigned material that can only be described as poor—the humor is tepid and the crime story is formulaic. There are a few positive, kid-friendly messages in the movie but, they aren’t well developed enough to be more than lip service.
Viewers won’t be missing anything by passing on this movie.
Cast & Details See all »
- Released: 2018
- Rating: PG
- Review: Show Dogs is a live-action movie featuring crime fighting, talking dogs. It’s family-friendly, so parents with bored little kids might trek into the theater to (hopefully) keep the tykes entertained for 90 minutes. But honestly, the only thing going for th… (more)
- 1. Outlander's David Berry Admits John Grey May Always Carry a Torch for Jamie
- 2. Netflix Reveals Stranger Things Season 3 Episode Titles
- 3. Doctor Who Gets Deadly in the First Trailer for the New Year's Special
- 4. Here's How The Ranch Handled Danny Masterson's Exit
- 5. Brooklyn Nine-Nine Gets Into the Christmas Spirit with Some Die Hard Action in New Trailer
- 6. The First Umbrella Academy Trailer Teases a Stylish End to the World
- 7. Saturday Night Live Got Jason Momoa Back in Khal Drogo's Wig