An endearing and tender view of teenagers and their first steps into sexual relationships, the film revolves around three close friends. Natalie (Jennifer Connelly) is an aspiring politician whose chief concerns involve action in government. Her best friend, Polly (Maddie Corman), is
obsessed with sex and desperately wants to unravel the mysteries of it. Their friend Jeff (Byron Thames) is seen by both not as a boy, but as a friend--a role that frustrates him. When Natalie has a date with Casey (Alan Boyce), a handsome, interesting womanizer, Polly becomes jealous and angry,
assuming that Natalie has lost her virginity to Casey. Polly then takes off for New York City in pursuit of a baseball star with whom she's infatuated. There's little in SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN that hasn't been seen before, and though that may take away from the film's originality, it surely
doesn't diminish its charm. The characters are placed in awkward situations that succeed because they are played by two exceptional actresses. The real surprise in the film is Terry Kinney, whose performance as an insightful photographer gives the film a needed base of good sense and reality.
Although the entire film revolves around sexual awakening, there is no nudity, no demeaning photography, and not the slightest hint of any ill intentions.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Flash: Was Barry's Reaction to Nora's Partnership with the Reverse Flash Too Harsh?
- 2. Empire Boss Confirms Who Is Definitely Not in the Casket
- 3. The 5 Episodes of Netflix's Love, Death + Robots You Absolutely Should Watch
- 4. David Boreanaz Hints at an Angel Reunion for Series' 20th Anniversary
- 5. Why Did Mia Smoak Grow Up Without Her Father on Arrow?
- 6. Farewell to Shadowhunters: Kat McNamara Reveals Emotional Moment Filming Her Final Scene
- 7. Avan Jogia and Kelli Berglund Read High Ideas from Reddit