Lavishly adorned costume epic set during the Russian Revolution has Fairbanks playing a young aristocrat who flees his Russian home with his maid Carroll. The two find themselves in Constantinople, where they marry and settle into a life of common labor. But Fairbanks' aristocratic ways
make him discontented with his new life, and when he meets up with the vampish Tashman, he forsakes his humble bride. After attempting to make it as a swindler, he goes back to Carroll just as she is about to be deported to Russia. Plot drags and is uneven in parts, but the great sets of the
aristocratic homes, as well as the lowly Turkish ones, are worth a glimpse.
- 1. Justice for Chris Parnell, the Best Supporting Chris
- 2. Hail Satan, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Is Renewed Through Season 4
- 3. Fresh Prince Star Alfonso Ribeiro Sues Fortnite for Stealing Carlton Dance
- 4. Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jimmy Fallon Put a Holiday Spin on Ariana Grande and Cardi B Hits
- 5. Someone's Got a New Wife on The Big Bang Theory
- 6. How to Watch All the New Year's Day College Football Bowl Games
- 7. 2018-2019 TV Scorecard: Which Shows Are Canceled? Which Are Renewed?