Good detective yarn starring Patrick and Craig as detectives of Scotland Yard who are investigating the murder of a young black woman whose light-colored skin allowed her to pass as white. Suspects range from Massie, as the girl's white boyfriend, and his parents, who feared for their
son's career, to the black youths the girl tosses aside when she is accepted by whites. Craig's prejudice, as well as just about everyone else's, adds a good deal of tension to the sleuthing, which Patrick pursues in a highly dignified, professional manner despite the additional obstacles.
Material stays on safe ground about shedding light on the problem of racial prejudice which was rampant in England in the late 1950s. The picture was made shortly after race riots occurred in London and Nottingham.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Blacklist Got Unexpectedly Political With a Next-Level-Weird Male Pregnancy Plot
- 2. Batwoman's Meagan Tandy Talks Sophie's 'Conflicted' Feelings for Kate
- 3. That Hawaii Five-O and Magnum P.I. Crossover We Waited for Is Finally Happening
- 4. How to Watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2019
- 5. The First Crisis on Infinite Earths Arrowverse Crossover Photos Are Here
- 6. Disney Plus Promises to Fix the The Simpsons Cropping Issue
- 7. A Million Little Things' Romany Malco Hopes Rome Eases Stigmas About Men with Depression