PRINCE OF THE CITY is an excellent, if overlong, fictional treatment of a true story, set in the 1960s. New York cop Daniel Ciello (Treat Williams) reluctantly turns informer on his pals and colleagues after being recruited by the US Justice Department to expose police corruption,
especially the involvement of the cops in the drug trade. Williams gives a fine performance, the rest of the cast is also excellent, and director Sidney Lumet's eye for detail is sure throughout this authentic look at the dirtier side of police work.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. GLOW Renewed for Fourth and Final Season at Netflix
- 2. Who Will Win Big Brother 21 – and Who Should Win?
- 3. Emmys 2019: How to Watch, Who's Nominated, And Everything Else to Know
- 4. The Crown Season 3 Teaser Introduces Olivia Colman's Queen
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Best Firsts, Most Vicious Memes, and the Gratuitous Abs Display
- 6. Prodigal Son Review: Tom Payne and Michael Sheen Ham Up This Serial Killer Thriller
- 7. Simone Missick on Why Her All Rise Role Is a Political Statement