PETER PAN is a wonderful movie. Patriarch Mr. Darling (whose voice is provided by Hans Conried) is annoyed that daughter Wendy (voiced by Kathryn Beaumont) insists on telling stories to the other children about a mythical boy known as Peter Pan. When Mr. and Mrs. Darling leave for a night
on the town, Peter Pan (voiced by Bobby Driscoll) and fairy sidekick Tinker Bell magically appear in Wendy's room. They all take a magical trip to Never Never Land, where they get involved in a series of adventures that include a confrontation with the evil Captain Hook (Conried, in a dual role).
Lots of laughs, fabulous animation, and excellent voicing by the actors. The picture cost more than $4 million to make, a huge amount for a film in 1953. Lest you wonder why it came in so high, you should know that Disney filmed a live-action version of the movie first in order to give his artists
something to base their sketches upon.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's When Supernatural's Final San Diego Comic-Con Panel Will Happen
- 2. BET and Tyler Perry Team Up to Launch New Streaming Service
- 3. Euphoria's Penis-Filled Locker Room Scene Blew Twitter's Mind
- 4. What's Next for the Helicopter Mystery on Fear the Walking Dead?
- 5. Big Little Lies Episode 3 Recap: Do Not Eff with Laura Dern
- 6. This Friends Guest Star Got Booed by Ross and Rachel Lobsters
- 7. Brace for a New Face in Good Girls Season 3