In the early 1940s, programmers supporting the war effort were ground out by the dozens. PARACHUTE NURSE was one of these, only slightly different for its "woman's angle." It tells the story of a group of nurses trained to parachute into combat situations to help injured men on the
battlefield who otherwise might die. One story line features a nurse of German descent who is ostracized by her companions because her brother is fighting for the enemy. She is conveniently removed from the main story, however, when her parachute doesn't open. Another segment deals with Chapman
who can't find the courage to jump. She soon changes her mind when boy friend Wright is injured and needs aid. The opening scenes of the film are forced and unrealistic, but gradually the pace picks up, becoming fairly entertaining. Too much attention is paid to the nurses' jump training and not
enough to character development, which made this film little more than a filler for B movie double features. Watch for Forrest Tucker in a bit part.
Cast & Details See all »
- Rating: NR
- Review: In the early 1940s, programmers supporting the war effort were ground out by the dozens. PARACHUTE NURSE was one of these, only slightly different for its "woman's angle." It tells the story of a group of nurses trained to parachute into combat situations… (more)
- 1. The Family Guy Carrie Fisher Tribute Melted Our Cold Hearts
- 2. Stranger Things: Everything We Know About Season 3
- 3. Power Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 4. The Baudelaires Meet Lemony Snicket in the Official A Series of Unfortunate Events Season 3 Trailer
- 5. What Do the Stranger Things 3 Episode Titles Mean?
- 6. Critics Choice TV Awards 2019 Nominations: See the Full List
- 7. Dirty John's Veronica Newell Is the Unapologetic Bad Bitch You Need to See This Season