Every year TV networks rush several Christmas specials into production, and a few movie studios attempt to take advantage of the holidays with yet another story that will teach the world "the true meaning of Christmas." It's been nearly impossible to improve upon Dickens' "A Christmas
Carol," yet they keep trying. Ginny Grainger (Mary Steenburgen) is a tired wife and mother. Her husband has lost his job, and the family is about to be evicted from its tiny home in the suburbs. They have no money, no prospects, and it bodes to be the worst Christmas of them all. Enter an angel,
Gideon (Harry Dean Stanton), wearing a wide western hat and a long coat. His job is to teach Ginny that Christmas does exist. It's a combination of IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE and several other far superior movies. Even though it has the bite of a toothless old dog, it's still better than the all-time
Christmas disaster, SANTA CLAUS: THE MOVIE...but not by much.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's Who Jennifer Morrison Could Be Playing in This Is Us Season 4
- 2. Is The Blacklist on Netflix?
- 3. Listen to Every Episode of Big Brother Brothers Here
- 4. Hannah Might Be the Best Bachelorette of All Time
- 5. The First Game of Thrones Prequel Has Started Filming
- 6. The Cast of Angel Is Reuniting… Without Angel
- 7. Is YOU on Netflix?