Weaver, a self-interested American pilot, crash-lands on Corregidor while the Japanese invasion of the Philippines is in full swing. He becomes involved in an attempt to prevent the invaders from getting hold of the Filipino government's gold stock. After failing to transfer the bullion
from a barge to a waiting US submarine, Larsen (who also produced and directed the film), an American colonel, and Miles, a missionary nurse, persuade Weaver to bomb and sink the barge, sending the gold to the safe haven of the ocean bottom until the war is over. The problem is getting to a plane.
Accompanied by courageous Filipino fighters, the threesome makes a dangerous journey through the jungle. Though neither Larsen nor Miles survives, Weaver accepts the Filipino struggle as his own and makes it into the air. Filmed on location in the Philippines and originally released in 1968,
MISSION BATANGAS received new life as a New World videocassette in 1985, though one wonders why anyone felt the need to dust off this less-than-involving action film.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 2. The Passage Will Show How Project Noah Got Started in Episode 2
- 3. Olicity Will Be a 'Force to Reckon With' When Arrow Returns
- 4. Netflix Is Rebooting Unsolved Mysteries, the OG True Crime Show
- 5. Supergirl Is About to Give Us Our First Look at Nia Nal as Dreamer
- 6. Baywatch Is Coming to Amazon Prime to Heat Up Your Winter
- 7. *Win This LG 65-inch OLED TV and More in Our Ultimate Big Game Party Giveaway