Theatrical trailer for Like Father, Like Son. The 'switched at birth' urban legend and the Nature vs. Nurture debate provide Hirokazu Kore-eda with a fresh opportunity to revisit his ongoing preoccupation with family dynamics and parent-child relationships in contemporary Japan. The life of go-getting workaholic architect Ryota one of comfort and quietly ordered affluence with his wife Midori and son Keita is violently overturned when hospital administrators reveal the unthinkable: Keita is not his biological son. Due to a switch at the hospital, his 'true' son has been raised in the disheveled but warm-hearted home of working-class shopkeeper Yudai and his wife. The different approaches of both couples to their excruciating dilemma and the gradual emotional awakening of the all-too-rational Ryota are at the core of this sensitive drama of family feeling, which showcases Kore-eda's rich sense of humanity.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The End of Veronica Mars Season 4 Undermined Veronica's Trauma
- 2. Is [Spoiler] Really Dead on Veronica Mars?
- 3. See the First Fan Reactions to Netflix's Dark Crystal Prequel at Comic-Con
- 4. Game of Thrones Cast Addresses Final Season Backlash at Comic-Con Reunion
- 5. Love Island Recap: Sh– Got Serious on Friday Night
- 6. The 100's Bob Morley and Eliza Taylor Have Blessed Us With These Dreamy Portraits
- 7. Everything We Know About Legacies Season 2