Gabin is a crook turned legitimate businessman in this caper film. Bored with his peaceful life, he lets himself get talked into a bank robbery by American adventurer Stack. The heist is successful, but drug dealers who have been giving Gabin a hard time kidnap his wife and demand the loot
as ransom. Stack and Gabin rescue her, though at the cost of Stack's life. Gabin is his usual able self, and Stack gives his usual wooden performance. This was the type of action feature that caused the youthful French cinema critics of the 1950s to categorize talented director Delannoy (THE
ETERNAL RETURN) as "emotionally frigid."
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. More Than 40 Million Netflix Viewers Have Been Creepin' on YOU
- 2. Oliver and Felicity Will Star in a Documentary in Arrow's 150th Episode
- 3. Red Checks in at Club Fed in This Exclusive The Blacklist Sneak Peek
- 4. Sabrina's Kiernan Shipka Will Star In a Netflix Holiday Rom-Com From John Green
- 5. How to Watch the Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Premiere Red Carpet
- 6. Riverdale Is Doing Another Musical - And Yes, Jughead Is Singing!
- 7. Amazon Prime's February Line-Up Features Jordan Peele's Lorena Bobbitt Docuseries and More