Gough is a botany professor who returns to London, after a year in the jungle, with a serum extracted from a carnivorous plant. Injected into a chimpanzee, the serum causes the animal to grow to the size of a gorilla. Maddened by his new power, Gough hypnotizes the huge chimpanzee and has
it kill his enemies, one of these being the boy friend of Gordon, with whom he has fallen in love. When Johns, Gough's assistant and girl friend, learns of his feelings toward Gordon, she injects Konga with a big dose of the serum. The ape grows to monstrous proportions, going on a rampage
throughout London with Gough in its hand until the army stops it with rockets and machine guns. Performances are stale, but this is made up for by a fine technical staff. American actors are given British accents, and a process called SpectaMation is credited for the spectacular special
- 1. Riverdale: What the Actual Hell Is Hiram Up To?
- 2. Power Boss Honors 'Beloved' Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 3. At Long Last, Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Headed Back to Supernatural!
- 4. Miley Cyrus Confirms She's Going to Be in Black Mirror Season 5
- 5. What to Stream the Weekend of Dec. 14
- 6. The Cast and Creators of Good Trouble Tease Callie and Mariana's Sexy Fresh Start
- 7. A Million Little Things Bumps a Shondaland Show in New ABC Lineup