Made as a showcase for Pecsy, the six-year-old Hungarian Shirley Temple whose dimples and dances can charm your socks off, this film was sufficiently appealing that the story was purchased by Hollywood as a possible vehicle for Temple. Tasnady-Fekete, who later acted in German films using
the name von Tasnady, is excellent as the love-smitten miss who befriends the tot as a means to win the affection of her widower father, the handsome, wealthy baron Pager. Heartaches alternate with chuckles throughout the well-directed film as it makes its inexorable progress to a happy ending for
the principal players. (In Hungarian; English subtitles.)
- 1. Riverdale: What the Actual Hell Is Hiram Up To?
- 2. Power Boss Honors 'Beloved' Crew Member Killed in On-Set Accident
- 3. At Long Last, Jeffrey Dean Morgan Is Headed Back to Supernatural!
- 4. Miley Cyrus Confirms She's Going to Be in Black Mirror Season 5
- 5. What to Stream the Weekend of Dec. 14
- 6. The Cast and Creators of Good Trouble Tease Callie and Mariana's Sexy Fresh Start
- 7. A Million Little Things Bumps a Shondaland Show in New ABC Lineup