Nerdy Dr. Chris Cooper (Kevin McDonald) and his research team invent a happiness pill, and his unctuous boss (Mark McKinney) at Roritor Pharmaceuticals rushes it into production, with dreadful results. The plot is equal parts THE HUDSUCKER PROXY and the
"Horror" segment of Todd Haynes's POISON, but that's beside the point. The movie's all about seeing the TV comedy troupe Kids in the Hall going through their irreverent paces, with the mixed results we've come to expect from sketch comedians in feature films. There are some very funny bits, but
they're interspersed with long stretches of exposition that drag the whole thing down, down, down. Of the Kids, Bruce McCullough and Mark McKinney come off best, though they're forced to compete with pop-goes-the-set-design decor. Wait for the videocassette.
Ranking Big Bang Theory's Guest Stars
From Stan Lee to Leonard Nimoy, check out the greatest cameos on the CBS sitcom
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Is Toy Story on Netflix?
- 2. Pose Scores an Early Season 3 Renewal at FX
- 3. Here's How You Can Eat at Kenan and Kel's Good Burger IRL
- 4. This Is Us' Susan Kelechi Watson on the Importance of Cracking Beth's 'Supportive Wife' Mold
- 5. BH90210 'Revival' Recruits Christine Elise, aka Emily Valentine
- 6. Supernatural, Batwoman, Riverdale and More Get Fall Premiere Dates on The CW
- 7. The Worst Casualty of Jessica Jones' Final Season Was the Show's Female Friendship