Caan and six other young volunteers from west Texas set out to join the Confederate army during the middle of the Civil War, riding hundreds of miles to get to Tennessee in time for the battle of Shiloh. Calling themselves the Concho County Comanches, the naively eager volunteers encounter
class prejudice and miscellaneous perils along the way. Caan is wounded during the battle of Shiloh and wakes up to find his arm amputated. He hears that the only other survivor of his little group, Sarrazin, has deserted and is being hunted. He finds his friend in a barn, dying. Caan then tells
the story of the group to sympathetic Confederate General Bragg (Doucette), who advises him to go home to Texas. The dialogue flows a little too thickly in an awkward attempt to find a parallel with the then-raging Vietnam War; Hale, a TV veteran, directs loosely, but the few action scenes he does
permit are snappy and scary. Harrison Ford appears as one of the volunteers.
Every Episode of Game of Thrones, Ranked From Worst to Best
Find out which episode of the HBO hit reigns supreme.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Avan Jogia and Kelli Berglund Read High Ideas from Reddit
- 2. Here's What's New on Netflix in April
- 3. What's Leaving Netflix in April
- 4. Kit Harington Says Game of Thrones Season 8 Gave Him 'Peace' About Jon Snow
- 5. Luke Perry Might Have Appeared in the Beverly Hills, 90210 Revival After All
- 6. 129 Things Degrassi Taught Me About Sex, Dating, and Puberty
- 7. When It Comes to Sex and Profanity on TV, Where the F*ck Do We Draw the Line?