Trailer for Joshua. The movie is about a mysterious man named Joshua (Tony Goldwyn) who appears in a small town named Auburn and begins changing the lives of everyone he meets, simply by being around them. He takes up residence in a barn that he rents from Joan Casey to use as his home and woodcarving shop. To the surprise of a local priest, the roof does not leak after Joshua moves in, despite the many holes in it. The more time he spends in town, the more attention he draws to himself simply by doing what he does. He begins by rebuilding the Baptist Church which was destroyed during a storm the year before. He gets the attention of many locals by carrying a huge log of ash through town and out to his barn, some estimates range that it weighs at least 500 pounds. Later, Father Tordone (F. Murray Abraham) of the local Catholic Church hires him to carve a statue of the Apostle Peter, to which Joshua responds that it should be made of Ash and that he 'Knows Peter.' He spends his next few weeks helping out anyone he meets, who in return help him rebuild the Baptist Church. Joshua intervenes in a Tent Revival, where a con artist is tricking people into believing that he is healing people through the power of God. Joshua tells him, 'You don't have to do it this way,' and proceeds to restore sight to a blind woman sitting in the audience. Father Tordone becomes very suspicious of Joshua's behavior and motives, and tries to convince the Roman Catholic Church to step in and stop him before he gains more followers and creates his own cult. It isn't until Joshua resurrects a man(Theo) from the dead that the Vatican takes interest in him and invites him to Rome.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's Your First Look at Looking for Alaska's Culver Creek Prep
- 2. The Boys Review: Eric Kripke's New Superhero Show Is Much More Than Its Edgelord Premise
- 3. Lifetime Is Doing a Movie on the College Admissions Scandal, Obviously
- 4. Janelle Monae to Replace Julia Roberts in Homecoming Season 2
- 5. Big Brother 21 Brought Bullying Issues to the Surface. Now What?
- 6. Tiffany Haddish Puts Six Comedians in the Spotlight in Netflix Special They Ready
- 7. The Orange Is the New Black Refresher You Need Before Season 7