For his first Hollywood film in five years (the previous outing being AGAINST ALL FLAGS), Flynn was cast in this remake of 1947's SINGAPORE. The change in title locations places Flynn in Turkey's capital city, where he discovers a bracelet containing 13 (apparently his unlucky number)
valuable jewels. He is soon the quarry of smugglers who want the gems themselves, but he is deported by Turkish authorities. Flynn returns five years later to rescue the stones from their hotel hiding place and again is chased by the persistent gang and greedy customs people. As if that wern't
enough, there's also a subplot involving Flynn's presumed-dead wife, Borchers. She is thought to have been burned to death on their wedding night. However, she lives, an amnesiac who has since remarried. Notably present is singer Nat "King" Cole, who croons "I Was a Little Too Lonely" (Jay
Livingston, Ray Evans) and "When I Fall in Love" (Victor Young, Edward Heyman). Klemperer, later Colonel Klink of television's "Hogan's Heroes," also makes an appearance.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Aaron Sorkin Has 'No Plans' to Revive The Newsroom After All
- 2. Manifest Boss Breaks Down That Finale Shocker and What it Means for Season 2
- 3. The Bachelor Recap: Still No Fence Jump, but Plenty of Drama
- 4. Kenan Thompson Says Kel Mitchell Will Appear in All That Revival
- 5. Veep Season 7 Trailer: Selina Meyer Is Back on the Campaign Trail!
- 6. Netflix Cancels Marvel's Jessica Jones – But Will Stream Season 3
- 7. Netflix Cancels Marvel's The Punisher Just Like You Knew It Would