For his first Hollywood film in five years (the previous outing being AGAINST ALL FLAGS), Flynn was cast in this remake of 1947's SINGAPORE. The change in title locations places Flynn in Turkey's capital city, where he discovers a bracelet containing 13 (apparently his unlucky number)
valuable jewels. He is soon the quarry of smugglers who want the gems themselves, but he is deported by Turkish authorities. Flynn returns five years later to rescue the stones from their hotel hiding place and again is chased by the persistent gang and greedy customs people. As if that wern't
enough, there's also a subplot involving Flynn's presumed-dead wife, Borchers. She is thought to have been burned to death on their wedding night. However, she lives, an amnesiac who has since remarried. Notably present is singer Nat "King" Cole, who croons "I Was a Little Too Lonely" (Jay
Livingston, Ray Evans) and "When I Fall in Love" (Victor Young, Edward Heyman). Klemperer, later Colonel Klink of television's "Hogan's Heroes," also makes an appearance.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Mindy Kaling's New Netflix Show Could Fill the One Day at a Time Void in Your Life
- 2. Last Man Standing Exclusive: Eve Gets Tough with the Baxters' Foreign Exchange Student
- 3. Hanna Review: Now This Is How You Turn a Movie Into a TV Series
- 4. Lizzy Caplan and Elsie Fisher Will Step Into a Stephen King Classic in Castle Rock Season 2
- 5. Everything to Know About The Sopranos Movie, Newark
- 6. Jane the Virgin Boss Previews Michael's Return: 'It Affects the Whole Season'
- 7. One Day at a Time and Sex Education Are Helping Immigrants and Their Queer Kids Bridge the Generational Gap