For his first Hollywood film in five years (the previous outing being AGAINST ALL FLAGS), Flynn was cast in this remake of 1947's SINGAPORE. The change in title locations places Flynn in Turkey's capital city, where he discovers a bracelet containing 13 (apparently his unlucky number)
valuable jewels. He is soon the quarry of smugglers who want the gems themselves, but he is deported by Turkish authorities. Flynn returns five years later to rescue the stones from their hotel hiding place and again is chased by the persistent gang and greedy customs people. As if that wern't
enough, there's also a subplot involving Flynn's presumed-dead wife, Borchers. She is thought to have been burned to death on their wedding night. However, she lives, an amnesiac who has since remarried. Notably present is singer Nat "King" Cole, who croons "I Was a Little Too Lonely" (Jay
Livingston, Ray Evans) and "When I Fall in Love" (Victor Young, Edward Heyman). Klemperer, later Colonel Klink of television's "Hogan's Heroes," also makes an appearance.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Walking Dead's Latest Victims Say Goodbye and Thank You to Fans
- 2. Everything We Know About Apple's Streaming Service, Apple TV+
- 3. The Case Against Adnan Syed Is the Retrial He May Never Get
- 4. The 100's Bob Morley Says Bellamy Will Spend Season 6 Rebuilding Trust with Clarke
- 5. Everything We Know About Apple TV+ Shows
- 6. Here's the Game of Thrones Season Maisie Williams Thinks Fans Should Revisit Ahead of Season 8
- 7. The Resident and 9-1-1 Renewed for Season 3 at Fox