Long, dull, and too much dialog, but that really doesn't matter considering this film's historical significance. It is Paramount's first all-dialog picture, originally shot as a silent, but redone to cash in on the new addition to film technology. Brent is a blackmailer working on Kenyon,
whom she suspects of bigamy. The acting is nothing special and the film is padded out beyond a reasonable length. Still, it's a good item for film historians to take a peek at. Powell, in an early role, is a standout.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What to Stream the Weekend of March 22
- 2. The World Needs One Day at a Time, Now More Than Ever
- 3. Looking for Alaska Casts a Riverdale Serpent and Girl Meets World's Hot Uncle
- 4. The Deadwood Movie Finally Gets a Teaser and Premiere Date
- 5. Bane Is Coming for Babs in This Gotham Sneak Peek
- 6. Schitt's Creek Renewed for Sixth and Final Season
- 7. Everything We Know About Black Mirror Season 5