This beautifully photographed work tries hard to be an Australian version of LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD but never matches that film's quality or depth. Jones and Trsek are lovers staying in a country home. Trsek nearly drowns in the bathtub as she daydreams about her father's death, and from
there the story moves headlong into the artistically obscure. The two wander about in medieval dress, confront Trsek's late father, and generally muddle around. It isn't much of a story, although the photography nicely captures the Australian countryside. Markus, the producer, makes an appearance
as the being who transcends the world of the living and the dead. Ironically he died shortly after completion of the film.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Anthony Scaramucci Hopes Celebrity Big Brother Run Is Longer Than White House Job
- 2. The Bachelor Is a Beautiful Monster with a Tank of Rage
- 3. The Passage's Henry Ian Cusick Hints at Dark Dreams to Come for Dr. Lear
- 4. The Other Two Is the Sweetest Take on Showbiz Satires
- 5. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Tease 300th Episode
- 6. Burned by the Fyre Festival, Restaurant Owner in Netflix Doc Raises $135,000 in a Week
- 7. When Is Super Bowl LIII?