This western is different from most due to its theme. Rather than stressing action, bad guys, and robbery, HOME ON THE RANGE features action, bad guys, and ecology. Hale is a rancher out to preserve the wild creatures on a zoned range. Mason is the black hat who wants the land for his own
nefarious purposes. Booth is a lady rancher who sides with Hale against Mason, but not before she regards the preservationist as some sort of fool. Though the motives are certainly different, it's really the same old package: fistfights, hard riding, and some gunplay mixed with some poorly written
(and poorly synchronized) songs. The color photography helps a little, but in the end doesn't make much difference. Hale's okay in his first cowboy picture.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Walking Dead Executes One of the Comics' Most Disturbing Moments — With a Twist
- 2. The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus on That 'Awful' Discovery
- 3. Ryan Murphy Recruits Bette Midler for Netflix's The Politician
- 4. Should The OA Get a Season 3?
- 5. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 6. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 7. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?