Pearce plays a would-be playwright who takes a job as a waiter in a small New York City restaurant frequented by show biz folk in hopes of getting his big break. Though most of the patrons regard Pearce's ambition as a pipe-dream, he is supported enthusiastically by Taylor, an aspiring
songwriter, and Evans, a waitress-turned-singer who has taken a big-time radio job in Hollywood. When Evans stops by in the "Big Apple" to say hello, she and the other patrons decide to pull a fast one on pompous producer Trenk and make him believe that Pearce has written a sure-fire box office
hit. Trenk decides to produce the play starring Evans, and, to everybody's surprise (except the viewer), the show is a major success. Evans sings: "Hitchhike To Happiness," "For You And Me," "Sentimental," and "My Pushover Heart" (Kim Gannon, Walter Kent).
- 1. A Plea to Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Season 2: More Witchcraft, Less Romance
- 2. Rufus Lives in the Timeless Series Finale Trailer!
- 3. 4 Theories about the Gargoyle King on Riverdale That Sound Pretty Legit
- 4. 23 Easter Eggs in the Arrowverse 'Elseworlds' Crossover You May Have Missed
- 5. Amazon Prime's January Lineup Makes It Easy To Prepare For Oscar Season
- 6. Last Man Standing Recruits Tisha Campbell for a Familiar Role
- 7. Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang Are Coming to Apple