The story has a butler, Margetson, falling in love with his employer's daughter, Keats. She wants nothing to do with a commoner and spurns his love. When Margetson gets word that he has become the Duke of Marlow, he keeps it quiet, as he doesn't want Keats to love him for his title only.
Enter a married Chicago gangster who arrives and sweeps Keats off her feet. He persuades Keats to elope to Paris with him, but when they get there, she discovers his intentions are less than noble. Margetson rescues Keats, and she responds to him in a much kinder manner. They get married, and not
until after the ceremony does Margetson reveal that he is a duke.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Bane Is Coming for Babs in This Gotham Sneak Peek
- 2. Schitt's Creek Renewed for Sixth and Final Season
- 3. Everything We Know About Black Mirror Season 5
- 4. Steven Universe Beautifully Fosters Non-Binary Self-Love Without Being Too Preachy
- 5. TV Still Struggles with Body-Positive Sex, But Shrill Is a Big Step Forward
- 6. Lifetime's She's Too Young Was a Sex Ed Cult Classic That Deserves More Respect
- 7. Courteney Cox Revisited Her Friends Apartment and We Couldn't Be Any More Nostalgic