Breezy wartime musical. Der Bingle is singing idol Johnny Cabot, The Huttontot in a dual role as a pair of singing twins, Susan and Rosemary Allison. Johnny is set on doing his patriotic duty and wants to serve on a destroyer with his best buddy, Windy (Sonny Tufts), but Susan, who has the
hots for Johnny, secretly finagles an assignment for the crooner as the director of a company of WAVE entertainers. Although Johnny would rather be at sea, his posting becomes more attractive as he becomes enamored with Rosemary, whom Windy also loves. You know. Replete with satire, the movie
includes Crosby lampooning fellow crooner Frank Sinatra by singing one of Old Blue Eyes' biggest hits, "That Old Black Magic," in front of a horde of fainting bobby-soxers. Painless.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. What to Stream the Weekend of March 22
- 2. The World Needs One Day at a Time, Now More Than Ever
- 3. Looking for Alaska Casts a Riverdale Serpent and Girl Meets World's Hot Uncle
- 4. The Deadwood Movie Finally Gets a Teaser and Premiere Date
- 5. Bane Is Coming for Babs in This Gotham Sneak Peek
- 6. Schitt's Creek Renewed for Sixth and Final Season
- 7. Everything We Know About Black Mirror Season 5