Jane Hardy (Trish Van Devere) inherits a mansion from her late aunt and decides to leave San Francisco and move into it. She doesn't understand why the townsfolk are treating her so coldly until she notices that she looks just like the aunt, who was believed to be possessed by Satan.
Jane is continually hounded by an old hearse, which keeps showing up in front of her house, and by a crotchety real estate lawyer played by Joseph Cotten. This film drags out every cliche in the book, including the "woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown, maybe it's all in her head" device. THE
HEARSE is a pretty dull affair, but if you thought THE CAR was scary, you should love this.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Here's When Supernatural's Final San Diego Comic-Con Panel Will Happen
- 2. BET and Tyler Perry Team Up to Launch New Streaming Service
- 3. Euphoria's Penis-Filled Locker Room Scene Blew Twitter's Mind
- 4. What's Next for the Helicopter Mystery on Fear the Walking Dead?
- 5. Big Little Lies Episode 3 Recap: Do Not Eff with Laura Dern
- 6. This Friends Guest Star Got Booed by Ross and Rachel Lobsters
- 7. Brace for a New Face in Good Girls Season 3