Jane Hardy (Trish Van Devere) inherits a mansion from her late aunt and decides to leave San Francisco and move into it. She doesn't understand why the townsfolk are treating her so coldly until she notices that she looks just like the aunt, who was believed to be possessed by Satan.
Jane is continually hounded by an old hearse, which keeps showing up in front of her house, and by a crotchety real estate lawyer played by Joseph Cotten. This film drags out every cliche in the book, including the "woman on the verge of a nervous breakdown, maybe it's all in her head" device. THE
HEARSE is a pretty dull affair, but if you thought THE CAR was scary, you should love this.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Orange Is the New Black Refresher You Need Before Season 7
- 2. Relive the Good Parts of Veronica Mars Season 4 With These GIFs
- 3. The 100's Tasya Teles Gushes Over Bob Morley's Directorial Debut
- 4. The Bachelorette Men Tell All Recap: Lukey, You Have Some 'Splaining to Do
- 5. Love Island Recap: The Villa Welcomes 6 New Sexy Singles
- 6. The Cast of Criminal Minds Promises Answers After J.J.'s Finale Revelation
- 7. Follow the Love Island Cast on Instagram