Unforgivably bad, painfully unfunny, and downright stupid, HEAD OFFICE tries to do to the corporate world what AIRPLANE did to the airlines. A needle in a haystack would be easier to find than a laugh in this film--which is surprising, considering that the cast includes such names as
DeVito, Moranis, Novello, Doyle-Murray, and Shawn. Reinhold, a recent business school graduate, goes to work in the public relations department of an international conglomerate called INC, headed by the profit-minded Albert. Reinhold soon meets a spunky blonde (Engler) with a gripe against the
company. INC is closing its operation in Allentown and is moving to Central America, where labor is much cheaper. As a result most of the citizens of tiny Allentown will lose their jobs. Nothing works in HEAD OFFICE, which probably explains why so many big-name comedians were included in the
project--to add some box office appeal. Fans of DeVito and Moranis will be bitterly disappointed. Not only is their work some of the worst they have ever done, but they are both killed within the first 20 minutes of the movie. Reinhold and Engler do the best they can with the script.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Everything I Learned About Sex, I Learned From Black '90s Sitcoms
- 2. The Sex in Now Apocalypse Is Concerned with Liberation, Not Labels
- 3. Stranger Things Is a Stealth Blueprint for Successfully Navigating Puberty
- 4. The Week in Superlatives: Sexiest Scene Stealer, the Real-Life Survivor, and the Scene That Made Us Weep with Joy
- 5. Marvel's Next Generation on Redefining What It Means to be a Female Superhero on TV
- 6. The Dirt Review: Mötley Crüe Biopic Is A Hot Mess That Sugarcoats Its Source Material
- 7. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – The Dirt, Delhi Crime