Elvis Presley gives one of his weakest performances as a singer-movie star who is kidnaped and taken to an Arab palace, where he is embroiled in a plot to kill the king. The intrigue provided by Gerald Drayson Adams' screenplay is less than intriguing, and the laughs are scarce, but there
are lots of pretty girls for Elvis to sing to--including Mary Ann Mobley and Fran Jeffries. Despite its patent absurdity and incompetent execution, HARUM SCARUM made piles of money for Presley and MGM. Songs include "Harum Scarum" (Peter Andreoli, Vince Poncia, Jr., Jimmie Crane), "Golden Coins,"
"Go East, Young Man," "Shake That Tamborine," "Animal Instinct," "Wisdom of the Ages," "Mirage" (Bill Giant, Bernie Baum, Florence Kaye), "Hey Little Girl," "So Close, Yet So Far (From Paradise)" (Joy Byers), "My Desert Serenade" (Stanley Jay Gelber), "Kismet" (Sid Tepper and Roy C. Bennett).
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. The Celebrity Big Brother Season 2 Cast Reveals Their Biggest Live-Feed Fears
- 2. Star Trek: Discovery Will Explore Number One's Relationship with Captain Pike
- 3. Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 Is Stronger and More Fun
- 4. Dynasties Is a Powerful and Necessary New Species of Nature Documentary
- 5. The Passage Will Show How Project Noah Got Started in Episode 2
- 6. Olicity Will Be a 'Force to Reckon With' When Arrow Returns
- 7. Netflix Is Rebooting Unsolved Mysteries, the OG True Crime Show