Unable to have children of their own, Milland and Tierney explore the possibility of adoption, but become frustrated and impatient when they learn that they may have to wait two years before they can adopt. When newspaperman Milland learns of a foundling being held at police
headquarters, he informs Tierney about it and the two seek to adopt the child. The legal agency appears to be fairly optimistic about the situation and Tierney's love for the lost child grows and grows. Milland, however, begins an obsessive search to learn who the baby's parents were, a search
that convinces the adoption agency that Milland's unstable behavior is a sign that he is an unfit parent. Milland makes an impassioned plea to the agency, even after learning that the baby's father was a murderer, and the couple is granted custody of the child. This is a well-meaning melodrama
focusing on the importance of a loving environment in the upbringing of a child. Although the premise borrows heavily from PENNY SERENADE, Tierney and Milland are touching as the couple who know that their tenderness will help soften the baby's cruel past.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Roma Could Win Netflix Its First Best Picture Oscar
- 2. Oscars 2019: When Are the Oscars and How to Watch Online
- 3. Will Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Phil Coulson Appear in Avengers: Endgame?
- 4. The Blacklist: More Truths About (the Real) Reddington Are Revealed
- 5. Outlander Boss Addresses Jamie and Claire's Sex Drought
- 6. Tracee Ellis Ross on How Black-ish Enlisted Octavia Spencer to School Us for Black History Month
- 7. The Originals' Leah Pipes Is Headed to Another Witchy CW Series, and It's Not Legacies