Many of the MARY POPPINS staff joined Dick Van Dyke in this big-budget attempt to re-create the magic of that earlier Disney film. Caractacus Potts (Van Dyke) is a widower with a penchant for things mechanical. He and his children (Heather Ripley and Adrian Hall) rescue an old car from
the scrap heap and create a new motor car with the ability to fly and float. Trouble looms, however, in the form of Baron Bomburst (Gert Frobe), the monarch of a small but wealthy principality who hates children. The baron is after the magical car and wants the vehicle and its inventor kidnaped.
Based on an Ian Fleming book, CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG was made in Britain for American consumption, but its magic works on kids and adults of any nationality. The title song was nominated for an Oscar.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Flash: Was Barry's Reaction to Nora's Partnership with the Reverse Flash Too Harsh?
- 2. Empire Boss Confirms Who Is Definitely Not in the Casket
- 3. The 5 Episodes of Netflix's Love, Death + Robots You Absolutely Should Watch
- 4. David Boreanaz Hints at an Angel Reunion for Series' 20th Anniversary
- 5. Why Did Mia Smoak Grow Up Without Her Father on Arrow?
- 6. Farewell to Shadowhunters: Kat McNamara Reveals Emotional Moment Filming Her Final Scene
- 7. Avan Jogia and Kelli Berglund Read High Ideas from Reddit