Dietrich suffers, for once; Von Sternberg's paen to the pain of love in all its variations is so lovingly rendered that the shoestring story looks almost seamless. No one ever looked lovelier after sinking to the gutter than Dietrich--even her tatters are photographed to maximum effect.
Dickie Moore was perhaps the most beautiful little boy ever in movies and the two male stars are there to bask in all that is Dietrich. She also appears in her hallmark top hat, white tie and tails singing "You Little So and So" but the sequence that lives on and on is the gorilla surprise and
"Hot Voodoo", a highpoint of expressionistic eroticism, replete with blonde afro. Lensed two years before the code; hopefully your copy won't have the skinny-dipping opening deleted.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Stephen Amell Is Open to Playing Oliver Queen in Later Arrowverse Installments
- 2. How to Watch Game of Thrones: The Last Watch
- 3. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 4. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 5. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 6. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 7. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable