Beautiful Losers celebrates the spirit behind one of the most influential cultural movements of a generation. In the early 1990's a loose-knit group of like-minded outsiders found common ground at a little NYC storefront gallery. Rooted in the DIY (do-it-yourself) subcultures of skateboarding, surf, punk, hip hop & graffiti, they made art that reflected the lifestyles they led. Developing their craft with almost no influence from the 'establishment' art world, this group, and the subcultures they sprang from, have now become a movement that has been transforming pop culture. Starring a selection of artists who are considered leaders within this culture, Beautiful Losers focuses on the telling of personal stories...speaking to themes of what happens when the outside becomes 'in' as it explores the creative ethos connecting these artists and today's youth.
The Best Kids' Movies on Netflix Right Now
Our gift to all you harried parents: hours of peace and quiet.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. Ryan Murphy Recruits Bette Midler for Netflix's The Politician
- 2. Should The OA Get a Season 3?
- 3. We Demand Justice for Old Knight, The OA's Telepathic Octopus
- 4. The Best Romance Shows and Movies to Stream on Netflix Right Now
- 5. What's Fact and Fiction in Netflix's Mötley Crüe Biopic The Dirt?
- 6. The Blacklist Gets the Band Back Together
- 7. Patricia Arquette's Kids Didn't Want Her to Star in Hulu's True Crime Story The Act