This just in from Hollywood: The working class is simply charming! Apparently, northern New England is full of hunky guys (Matt Dillon, Timothy Hutton, Michael Rapaport, among others) who wear cool work clothes, drive around in pickup trucks and like nothing
better than sitting around the piano and singing boozy versions of "Sweet Caroline." If the guys sound really, well, real, get a load of the gals (Annabeth Gish, Martha Plimpton, Mira Sorvino et al.). One of them (Rosie O'Donnell) is so darn feisty, she has a big speech about how the gorgeous
babes you see in magazines are the stuff of fantasy. Who knew? Complete with Uma Thurman gliding through town as some kind of visiting angel, BEAUTIFUL GIRLS wavers between being condescending and downright preposterous, but there are redeeming moments. Natalie Portman, as a 13-year-old on whom
Hutton develops a strangely affecting crush, is a delight.
Quiz: What Should You Binge Next on Netflix?
Skip the endless scroll! Find out what you really want to watch.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Best New Shows and Movies on Netflix This Week – She's Gotta Have It, Rim of the World
- 2. Is The Society Renewed for Season 2?
- 3. The Week in Superlatives: Least Expected Burn, Best Kept Secret, and the Randomest Mic Drop
- 4. Adam Levine on Leaving The Voice: 'For Me, It Was Time to Move On'
- 5. Rim of the World Review: Stranger Things Rip-Off Is Dumb, but Watchable
- 6. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Is the Best Indiana Jones Movie
- 7. Go Behind the Scenes of That Andre Flashback Scene in Marvel's Cloak and Dagger