Eugene O'Neill's only comedy, written in five weeks, is a dream of the sweet, unaffected boyhood he never had, culminating in one long summer during which adolescence struggles into manhood. Eric Linden plays Richard Miller, a young man of sincerity and some charming stupidity. His mother
busies herself with household problems, his mischievous brother and unruly sister vex him, his father nervously avoids instructing him in the ways of the world, and his often-inebriated uncle teaches him about life. It's a marvelous slice of Americana, filled with funny and tender scenes as young
Richard strives to understand himself and those around him. Mickey Rooney, here playing the younger brother, played the lead role thirteen years later in the musical remake, SUMMER HOLIDAY.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Masked Singer: The Best and Worst Guesses About Who's Behind the Final Five Costumes
- 2. This Is Us' Beth Episode Gave Us the First True, Good Cry of the Season
- 3. NCIS' Sean Murray Weighs in on McGee's Surprising Past in '90s Flashback Episode
- 4. Which Umbrella Academy Character Are You?
- 5. Shadowhunters' Matthew Daddario Says Malec Is Heading for Rough Waters
- 6. Miracle Workers' Geraldine Viswanathan Isn't Here For Hollywood Tokenism
- 7. The Bachelor: Colton Is a Messy Bro Who Lives for Drama