Unjustly ignored by the vast majority of the critics and public, A NIGHT IN THE LIFE OF JIMMY REARDON is based on an autobiographical novel by writer-director William Richert (WINTER KILLS; THE AMERICAN SUCCESS CO.). Set in the Chicago suburb of Evanston, the film follows 17-year-old Jimmy
Reardon (River Phoenix) as he tries to make some sense of life in his last summer before college. Jimmy is infatuated with a beautiful young socialite, Lisa (Meredith Salenger), mainly because he hasn't gotten past second base with her. He is seduced by an attractive divorced friend of his
mother's, Joyce (Ann Magnuson). When Lisa is willing to have sex with him, he is unable to comply because he just made love to Joyce. Later he discovers that his father is also having an affair with Joyce. A NIGHT IN THE LIFE OF JIMMY REARDON is a film with much more on its mind than the juvenile
pranks and drooling titillation found in the youth-oriented epics with which it has been compared. Richert does a fine job capturing the alienation, confusion, and desperation that can follow high school, as well as the very real class distinctions that begin to define students' futures.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. The Final Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Trailer Is Here
- 2. Emotions Were Running Very High on This Week's Dancing with the Stars
- 3. Rob Lowe and Liv Tyler Are a Steaming Hot Pair in This 9-1-1: Lone Star Teaser
- 4. Looking for Alaska Bosses Reveal Why They Kept the Central Death a Mystery
- 5. The Flash's Hartley Sawyer Says Barry's Crisis News Will Be 'Catastrophic' for Ralph
- 6. BoJack Horseman Season 6 Review: Does BoJack Deserve a Happy Ending?
- 7. The Ultimate Game of Thrones Shopping Guide