A strange idea for a comedy finds the always charming Terry-Thomas fighting a smallpox epidemic. He's a "germ detective" for WHO (World Health Organization) who finds evidence of the disease after a passenger has died on a plane from the Middle East. Along with partner Nicol, he sets out
for the oil fields. Wheeler is an American oilman detained for possible exposure to the smallpox. After two more cases pop up, Terry-Thomas links the outbreak to Deghy, an unscrupulous oilman who will do anything to control the lucrative oil business. It is revealed in a climactic ending that he
infected an important document that Wheeler had been carrying. After Wheeler's death, Terry-Thomas is hot on another trail that could be equally dangerous--namely the romancing of the American's widow, played by Ziemann. This story is too dramatic to be a successful comedy; the laughs are uneasy
at best and ultimately harm the overall theme. The plot becomes somewhat intricate, though the direction never gets caught up with all the varied elements.
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorites shows - Start Now
- 1. Julia Roberts Isn't Returning for Homecoming Season 2
- 2. How black-ish's Powerful Colorism Episode Nearly Tore the Johnsons Apart
- 3. Lana Condor Steals the Show in Deadly Class
- 4. Supernatural Midseason Trailer: Michael Declares 'Even God Can Die'
- 5. The Roswell, New Mexico Stars Played 'Guess That Alien', and They Were Honestly Stellar
- 6. Sex Education Is the Most Honest Coming-of-Age TV Show We've Seen in Forever
- 7. The 25 Best Ships Ever on Freeform