10) Homer Simpson, The SimpsonsHe's been on TV for 19 seasons, entertaining us with his beer-enhanced antics, zany adventures, and love of donuts. If nothing else, he gets credit for parenting three kids that never age.
2 of 9 Everett Collection
9) Andy Taylor, The Andy Griffith ShowWhen you're an elected official charged with keeping the town safe, you could easily lose sight of your duties at home. But Andy always understood that the most important badge he wore was the one as Opie's dad.
3 of 9 Craig Blankenhorn/HBO
8) Tony Soprano, The SopranosTony got a gold star for heading up two families: the one at home with Carmela, Anthony and Meadow, and his other family with Paulie, Silvo and Bobby. What's a father if not a protector
4 of 9 Columbia Pictures Television, Everett Collection
7) Al Bundy, Married with ChildrenAl put in long hours with rude customers (and their smelly feet) at the shoe store, all to bring home the dough to wife Peggy and kids Kelly and Bud - who then took the money and ran.
5 of 9 Michael Desmond/Fox
6) Sandy Cohen, The O.C.What's better than having a loving dad who loves you no matter how badly you screw up Having a lawyer dad who can represent you in court no matter how badly you screw up.
6 of 9 ABC Archive/Retna
5) Mike Brady, The Brady BunchBetween Greg, Peter, Marcia, Jan, Bobby and Cindy, Mike Brady was just as much a referee as he was a father. But he wore both hats with ease. Those family vacations sure were a blast!
7 of 9 ABC Archive/Retna
4) Dan Conner, RoseanneDan might've been a tough, blue-collar worker, but deep inside, he was a teddy bear who was absolutely devoted to his boisterous and rowdy family.
8 of 9 Everett Collection
3) Jim Anderson, Father Knows BestPerhaps the most quintessential father figure ever to appear on the small screen, Jim Anderson proved time and time again that the title of his show spoke the truth.
9 of 9 ABC Archive/Retna
2. Danny Tanner, Full HouseSure widower Danny Tanner got an assist from his wacky best friend and brother-in-law, but that didn't take away from his unending desire to ensure good things for his three adorable girls.