- Began his acting career on the vaudeville stage, traveling the country and performing primarily in comic duos.
- Widely credited as being the first public performer of the popular song "My Melancholy Baby," in 1912, which was later recorded by several famous artists including Ella Fitzgerald and Barbra Streisand.
- Followed his younger brother Paul to the Broadway stage in 1925, landing a role in the musical comedy Merry, Merry.
- Returned to his vaudeville performance roots in 1958, recording the album Bill Frawley Sings the Old Ones.
- 1955, Emmy — Best Supporting Actor in a Regular Series: Nominee
- 1956, Emmy — Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Nominee
- 1957, Emmy — Best Supporting Performance by an Actor: Nominee
- 1958, Emmy — Best Continuing Supporting Performance by an Actor in a Dramatic or Comedy Series: Nominee
- 1954, Emmy — Best Series Supporting Actor: Nominee
- Edna Louise Broedt — Ex-wife
- Mary Ellen Frawley — Mother
- Mary — Sister
- John Frawley — Brother
- Michael Frawley — Father
- Paul Frawley — Brother
Sign up and add shows to get the latest updates about your favorite shows - Start Now
- 1. New The Expanse Season 4 Trailer Teases a Battle on Ilus
- 2. We Didn't See The Walking Dead's Latest Death Coming
- 3. The Crown Season 3 Had Fans Googling Like Crazy to Check Its Historical Accuracy
- 4. SNL Turned the Impeachment Into a Soap Opera Starring Jon Hamm
- 5. The Blacklist Got Unexpectedly Political With a Next-Level-Weird Male Pregnancy Plot
- 6. Batwoman's Meagan Tandy Talks Sophie's 'Conflicted' Feelings for Kate
- 7. That Hawaii Five-O and Magnum P.I. Crossover We Waited for Is Finally Happening